Sunday, December 2, 2018

Famous Last Words: Back. To Back. To Back. To Back.

Wow. What a week, and what a semester it's been as well (this actually serves to get me in that A range as my final assignment, so what perfect timing, right?!). Yesterday and today were the biggest emotional swings I've felt in a while, from the adrenaline of beating Texas, to finding out that I get to make my second trip to the Orange Bowl! Along with that, we finally get Bama, who I've been wanting to go against for the past 4 years with the team. Also, fun fact, I now have more Big XII rings than the entire Texas program does. 😉
Selfie with Obie Orange in 2015!
Source: Personal Image

I have just a few more assignments to complete in the coming weeks, and it all starts with a night class final tomorrow, so I get started with a bang immediately. Once that's finished, I have just a few more assignments to complete before finals week, and I'm so excited to graduate in less than 2 weeks. It felt like it would never come at certain points, but now that it's here, I can't believe I went from the last freshman back in August 2014 to where I am now so soon. Time flies like crazy.

I'm so exhausted from Arlington yesterday, watching the selection show in the office today with some of my friends/co-workers, seeing the joy on the first-year people's faces when they announced we were in the playoff. I won't ever forget that feeling I had back in 2015 when I went on my first bowl trip. Orange, Sugar, Rose, Orange. Not a bad run for a kid like me.
We aren't finished yet...
Source: Personal Image

All of that said, I'm so excited to get down to Miami, although it will suck not being able to see my family for Christmas again this year, more than likely. This makes 4 straight years I won't be home on Christmas Day, but luckily my family is so willing to rearrange the schedule for me. My mom is even making the trip to the Orange Bowl in four weeks!

Boomer!

No comments:

Post a Comment